Sunset

Monday, August 24, 2015

Settling in to the new place

So, we knew the lake house was setting the bar a little high for future housing, but the next rental was amazing as well. This time... not so much. It is an extended stay with a new/young/inexperienced/probably overwhelmed owner.

So the first information we get is about how the key pads aren't working properly to get into the rooms. I figured I have had this before, no big deal. No, its a huge deal. We have a stack of 10+ key cards we have to carry around and try every time we want to get in our front door, and cross our fingers that one works. Average time: 2-3 minutes to get in the front door. That's annoying. Even more annoying when the front/back doors to the building lock at night as well and your dogs need to pee before bed.

The first night we were here we got locked out of our bathroom after conquering the monster that is the front door keypad. Brad shut the bathroom door, and when I tried to open it again the handle turned and nothing happened. Instant panic. I didn't really feel like peeing my pants in front of my rather new live-in boyfriend or getting arrested for peeing in a bush behind the building. So maintenance arrived and literally just took off the handle, because they were unable to fix it at 10pm.

Then I tried to go into my bedroom and the light bulb was burnt out. This was the tone for our first day/night.

Luckily, they have made diligent efforts to fix such problems and have so far mostly won me over (only for effort, its def no 5 star hotel). I think we will be quite content here as the other options we looked at over the weekend were no better.

It's always an adventure, just thankful to have a roof over my head tonight. It is a two bedroom place so me and Brad still have our own personal space and some freedom. We don't have an oven, but the crockpot is my best friend anyhow!  Plus we are on the ground floor so we can still do our plyo workouts and not get kicked out :)

Because a bike rack outside would be too radical. Check out that killer TV too!! :/



No comments: