Sunset

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Traveling to Casper,Wyoming from Spokane, Washington

We recently ended the most gorgeous drive to our new location in Wyoming. Because my new car is AWD, we could not tow it as we did before so we both got to drive. We had a couple extra days between assignments so decided to take the scenic route. After leaving Idaho, we dropped South in Montana and went through Yellowstone Park. It was a short trip to such a huge park, but still worth the cruise through! We got to see geysers and took the dogs for a couple walks along the lake and scenic spots. We did a drive through by Old Faithful but I had no idea it was such a massive complex and would be loaded with thousands of people, so we didn't stop. In fact, I had such anxiety with all the people I stalled my car for the first time! On the way out, Brad was able to see the top of Old Faithful as it went off, but I missed it. I also missed the dozens of elk, bison, deer and antelope wandering through the park, apparently I was much more concerned with watching the road and not wrecking my new car!

Yellowstone Lake
Turbo at the lake
Stretching our legs by the road
It was an amazing drive, especially in the WRX. It conquered the Rockies without skipping a beat, taking 50mph turns at 80 without even making Ani flinch in her passenger seat bed. Across Wyoming I was able to open it up and see a lil bit more of what she can do, and I am impressed! I definitely made the right decision for this season of life. It averaged 33 mph through the whole trip, and over an hour stretch of downhill from Yellowstone to Cody it averaged 50.3!!!


I wish we could have taken more picture of the beautiful canyon lands and river roads we got to enjoy on this relocation, but it was one for the memory book! And now we are in Casper, to adventure and to work. 



No comments: