Sunset

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Humpback Whales in Ketchikan!

Today started off sad because we had a reserved a skiff for some ocean fishing and woke up to a pretty big storm and had to cancel those plans. So we went and fished until we could no longer feel our fingers and then wandered around downtown one last time before tourist season sends it into utter chaos.

On the way home I got on FB real quick and saw the local marina posted that the whales were in the marina bubble feeding! I figured they would be long gone before we got there, but we went anyway. I am so grateful we did! We got to to watch them swim and feed for about 10 minutes before they headed back out to the deeper waters. I only got one quick video because I was too into the moment to worry much about a camera, but wanted to share it with y'all!


For some more amazing pictures and videos from today, check out:  Knudson Cove Marina Facebook Page

Happy Saturday Y'all!

No comments: