Sunset

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fishing Day in Fremont Canyon, Wyoming

We headed out for another glorious early morning on the North Platte River. This time we headed down to a place called Fremont Canyon which I have been hearing about since we got here. I was not disappointed. In the middle of the high plains, the ground breaks away into an impressive canyon, known best by anglers and rock climbers.



We did some pretty decent climbing and hiking through a few areas to get down to the water so the waders were left behind. The weather did a swift swing from the low 50's when we got out there to the high 80's at noon by the time we left. Guess it's the beginning of Autumn here in Wyoming!! 

I experienced a couple fishing firsts today -caught my first brown trout and also set the hook on a fish that was big enough to break the line. I was able to land this gorgeous rainbow trout as well, one day maybe I'll figure out how to hold the fish so you can actually see it all and not look terrified in all the pictures;) 




Again, this is the guy responsible for helping me land the fish and getting the hooks safely out of the ones I caught. I love spending time with him in the wilderness, watching him come alive as he spends time in his natural element. His patience with me continues to amaze me. 




No comments: